Christmas has almost been a week ago, I can't believe it!! Santa Claus was very good to the girls, he brought them their very own PINK digital cameras. Pink, nice touch Santa!! They got clothes, slippers, socks and DS Games. They had a pretty good day.
Christmas Eve was a night for new traditions. JY made a wonderful dinner, my fave, scalloped potatoes and ham. Mom came over and helped to make sure it was just like she makes it. And it tasted just like I know mom's does. JY follows direction well :) We watched a movie at mom and dad's house and then up to BFF's house to exchange gifts with her family. The girls 'went to bed' at 1030p-ish. JY and I sat around twiddling our thumbs until we went to bed shortly after, because Santa doesn't come if your still awake.
Christmas morning, I made the girls wait to see if Santa stopped by until I had a cup of coffee poured and the (new) video camera set up. After 15 minutes of waiting they were near riot stage. As soon as I said GO, they were down the stairs and oooohing and awing over the goodies left by Santa. Immediately they were taking pictures with their pink cameras - good thing the big guy remembered batteries ;) Our Christmas presents opened, we headed across the lawn to Granny and Grandad's.
Emily and Allyson (Beau, Brayden, Sophia and Sabryn) are pretty lucky because Santa visits 2 houses and leaves stockings for them at both places. I get cool gifts in my stocking at mom and dad's compared to the bag of Nacho Cheese Corn Nuts I got in my stocking at home :) (At least Santa wasn't promoting smoking this year, last year I got a couple of packs of smokes in my stocking, that guy is so cool!!) A wonderful breakfast and its present opening!! As usual, Granny and Grandad come up huge and got the kids everything they wanted - and I was surprised when Emily remembered that Granny and Grandad bought them tickets to the Gymnastics tour in November as part of their gifts...They still went crazy and that's why I love them :) The kids got some pretty cool gifts from their Japan family too!!
It was a lazy day after that, soups served and movie watching. It was a pretty good day. It went south in a hurry when JY decided to break open the 2 VERY large bottles of wine and partake in some holiday cheer. I believe he stumbled home that night :)
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and it was spent in the company of family and friends.
Luv to you all,
L
No comments:
Post a Comment