Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A shitty end to a shitty year...

As most of you know, I lost the other half of my heart and soul and the girls lost the best dad in the world today. How do you pull yourself up by the boot straps after a blow like that? I have to, I know I do, for the girls, always for the girls. It will be tough, but I found out today by all the visitors and love of family, friends and a community that I will not be alone. Alone, yes in the very sense of the word but not alone. Does that make sense? Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers and offers of help or anything at all. Anyone who knows me, knows that I never ask for help, but maybe I'll try....

I love you JY, I've loved you from the moment I saw your skinny self and I told you I loved you this morning when I knew you were gone. I don't know how I'll live without you, without the half that made me whole, but I'll make a good run at it and try to make you proud.

Done and Done, I love you babe, always and forever.

L

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesa--
defintely been a shitty year and a shitty end. Love/hugs/thoughts and prayers your way. I can only imagine how hard this is,we are heading for newton today will be around.Love to you and your family, Aunt Debbie

Jodi (Landals) Landry said...

I love you sister friend...like so many other people...and will be right here beside you.

The Seilers said...

Oh Lesa, I'm so very sorry. I am praying for you, for your beautiful girls, for your families and for your close friends.

May Jeff's memory shine on through your family and friends now and forever.

Prayers for you today, tomorrow and in the future.
- Beth

Nance said...

Lesa, your JY and my Dad both departed this World on New Year's Eve (9 years apart) but I bet they are celebrating the New Year together -- telling stories and singing old songs.

Lesa, I sure don't know how you'll get through the next year. It is going to be a tough row to hoe. I do know that you will have so many family and friends praying and rooting and trying to help. You maybe will just have to let up, give in, and let them -- and, yes, maybe even ask for help. Even so, it ain't fair.

Life just is not fair.

Anonymous said...

Lesa-
You are the strongest person I know and you will have no problem making JY proud. You could always see the pride in his eyes when he looked at you and those beautiful girls. I read something today as I was wandering aimlessly trying to find something, anything, that could show you how much I truly love you and your family. It said "Family-this is all because we fell in love". How simple, how true! You gave Jeff the greatest gift in those girls, and you stuck by each other thru thick and thin. There is something to be said for that these days and I admire you for the strength you have, will have, and have instilled in your girls. They are so lucky to have you as a mom, and Jeff was lucky to have been blessed with your love for so many years. Find peace knowing that your love, your family closeness,and all of the beautiful memories that you shared shined through in Jeff's smile everytime that we crossed paths! Please know that we love you and will be there for you every step of the way. (Whether you ask for it or not). You have never been good at leaning on others or asking for help-so this, too, will be a new chapter in your life. Love to you on this day and every day. SE