We started our day, just the girls (mom, Julie, me, Emily, Allyson, Sophia and Sabryn) going to see the movie Four Christmases. Yes, PG13 and YES we had 4 kids under the age of 10. But I only had to have the girls cover their eyes a couple of times and the words (I'm sad to say) aren't anything they haven't heard before (bad mom). This movie was a crack up, I really think I peed my pants a couple of times. Not to replace National Lampoons Christmas Vacation by any means, but one I'll add to my collection :)
When we got home it was a whole lotta watching Granny prep so naturally the kids went in the back room and started playing school (not sure why they play school when my two can't stand going to school, it's a mystery). But once there were cookies to frost, they were focused and ready to do a great job decorating for their teachers goodie boxes.
It was a huge success, and a huge mess (thanks for cleaning that up mom) and home to do laundry at 7p. What a long day, but a wonderful one. These days, any time you can spend with your family is a good one!! I really enjoyed hanging out with my sister and mom, it was nice and we should do that more often. Well, not the cookie baking, but just hanging. I love you guys!!
L
1 comment:
I want a goodie box--aren't I a teacher? I think you have my address???Aunt Deb
Post a Comment