Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just another day in paradise...

Hi all....I don't know about you but I don't like -12 degrees!! This means I actually have to wear a coat AND I have to warm the car up for 1/2 hour just to go 3 blocks to drop the kids off at the bus stop...That's re-dick.

We slept in today until 830a, wahoo!! Because of the cold, the kids didn't have school today. Wimps! After wiping the sleep from our eyes, it was over the house for us. The girls played their DS' and I worked. I was pretty busy today, which was nice. We had lunch with Julie and her children at mom and dad's house then back at it. Everyone came over to my house to hang out and put a dresser together, fun times. I pretty much stayed at the computer, made some calls, gave a creditor a piece of my mind and really accomplished a lot!! It was a good day.

Tomorrow its errands and a little down time to pump myself up for the girl's gymnastics team performance at the 1/2 time of both the girls and boys HS basketball games. I found out tonight that every person on the gymnastics team will be wearing white ribbons in memory of JY. In addition to that, they were going to announce that the performance was dedicated to JY. Thank goodness mom was the one to pick the girls up from practice tonight and nip that in the bud. I'm already gonna have to either take meds or be drunk to even walk into the place, if they would have announced that, I would have thrown up all over the place and made an ass out of myself. So, if your reading this and will be at the games tomorrow night, the white ribbons are for JY. He would have liked that.

Tonight, my sister and I ran in to town (DSM) for some 'no kid' time. I returned my whacked out phone and got a new one (same model), got a calendar and stopped by Target. We ran in to someone that we knew at Target, it wasn't awkward. We talked about the weather and just random things, that was nice. This person told me that she thought I was really pulled together...LOL, that's easy to do when I'm not expecting to run into anyone I know. Someday it will be different, easier I suppose.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will be ok.....for about 5 minutes :)

Luv,
L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesa-Keep your head up tonight. I think that's really special what they are doing. I'll be thinking of you this weekend. Sasha

Anonymous said...

You will get thru this and NOT throw up.You have made alot of steps so far you can do this one too.!!Glad you got away for awhile for some no kid time --thats always fun!!Remember if you do cry in public it is ok.:) Love Aunt Deb