The bridge is crossed and I get to do it all over again tomorrow, blah. I was navigated in to work at the new building by my wing man JL after I got lost in the parking lot...yes, I got lost in the parking lot. It didn't help that I was in the WRONG parking lot, that's beside the point. I didn't find a work around for the whole smoking thing, I corrected it by taking a driving break and drove around the block, twice, neat. It was a 25 minute drive in, not too bad. And yes mom, I drove the speed limit the whole way in.
The girls hated getting up at 645a - believe me, I hated getting up at 630a but I did it and no one had to call and get me out of bed!! I'm a big girl now!! I didn't think I could make it the whole day, but we were slow because of the holiday, so that made it a little more bearable.
Tonight I took Allyson to basketball practice and while sitting there, there was commotion all around distracting the kids trying to learn on the court. In my head I'm thinking...If JY were here he wouldn't tolerate it, actually if JY were here on the court I wouldn't tolerate it and would feel like I needed to say something. With JY off the court, I didn't feel like I had any right to correct things. This made me VERY upset, it made me cry and then it made me mad. So I'm thinking, wait a minute league head defaults to me, right...yeah. What a great time to be league head when the janitors are b*tching about the kids playing in the hallways, being crazy and doing things they wouldn't normally do if school was in session.....interesting. So after telling the janitors 'sorry' I sent an email out to all of the parent's and coaches of our league reiterating some of the rules that should just be a given...it had to be said. Yeah me!! Yes, I'm a hard a$$, fine. I can deal with that.
Anyone who knew JY, knew his love of basketball, knew that as much as he hated all of the politics that came with running the league, also knew that he did it because of his love for basketball and the passion he had for making this league a great one. I hope I made you proud tonight, babe.
L
1 comment:
All I can say is we better get your speedometer checked!
L Mom
Post a Comment