Basketball in Van Meter started our day!! Allyson's team lost by 9 points after the stupidest looking game I've ever seen on the court. Dad called it when he said it looked like WWF out on the floor. I thought at one point we were gonna have to break up a fight!! There were a whole lotta elbows thrown and body bumping..not cool. Emily's team WON!! YEAH!! It was the first time in a long time I've seen them play like a team....I think someone was smiling down on them today, they were on fire!! Emily was so, so happy and mentioned that she thought daddy would be proud....broke my heart....
We (me, mom, Emily, Allyson, Deb and Bruce) had lunch at Mac Don's and then the girls got in the car and rode to Stanhope with Deb and Bruce where we were going to have a b'day party for Deb later. Before all that went down, Allyson had a tiny bit of a melt down...mom said she thought Allyson was having a little bit of separation anxiety, I can see that. But it made me a teeny bit mad. I just wanted a little time to myself to do a couple of things and she was being a jerk about it....I was kinda being a jerk back to her. This is some tough stuff!!
So, kids on their way north, mom and I went to the mall to get a birthday present for Deb...2 hours later and we finally leave the mall, make a quick stop by the place where I bought my car (which was World of Wheels and you should buy your next car from them, they are FANTASTIC) to drop off Greta's title and spare key, a stop by Starbucks (duh) and we're on our way north!! We got to Deb and Bruce's, gave mom the tour and it's back in the car to go to the b'day party. It was nice to visit with everyone, but it was so obvious someone was missing. It was really tough hanging out.....I cried in front of everyone, made Deb cry, made Bruce cry and I think mom cried too. I hate that....We left at about 8p, with a stop at Wal-Mart AND Starbucks again and we rolled into the garage at 1015p. LONG DAY, but a good one.
While up at Deb's, I picked up a box containing JY's desk from AgLeader. I haven't gone thru it yet...maybe another day......
My heart hurts today like it did yesterday....and it will tomorrow just the same, it's only been just 1 month today and yet it seems like a million years since I hugged JY and said 'I luv ya babe' and getting his 'too' response.....Thanks for checking in.
L
2 comments:
Hey Lesa,
Congrats to Emily's team for winning their game!
I knew it was going to be hard for everyone to get together last night but I'm glad you guys did anyway. Even if you spent some time crying, it's better to cry with family than alone. Wish I could have been there but I'm glad I got to chat with all of you on the phone!
Take care,
Rach
Hi Lesa! Gosh, you have been a busy girl! Let me know when you have that game in Panora, I'd love to hang with you. Love ya! Sasha
Post a Comment